Hello Auckland small-group walking tour
- Duration: 150 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Auckland, New Zealand
- Product code: HAKL
"Do this on your first day in town as you’ll get loads of useful advice"
Departs: 10am from downtown - corner of Queen and Galway Street (meet outside McDonalds)
Duration: 2.5 hours Distance: around 4 km at a leisurely pace. Route is unsuitable for wheelchairs or mobility scooters so please contact us for options.
Small Group size: 2 - 8 people maximum (This tour requires a minimum of 2 adults to proceed)
Your small-group tour starts downtown on Auckland's historic Queen Street. Your friendly local guide will walk you through the city’s hidden laneways to an early Māori fortress and a park with a military secret. You’ll hear stories at the heart of the city and discover Auckland’s stunning Art Gallery and Suffragette Square. Enjoy a refreshment break at a classy heritage hotel as this tour includes an indulgence or two! You'll then hop on the locals' bus to vibrant uptown and a historic arcade. A gentle stroll through a valley humming with birdsong brings you to the city's theatre district and finally the Auckland Town Hall. Here on upper Queen Street, your guide will bid you a fond “Haere Ra” or farewell.
- Local Auckland guide/small group guarantee
- Trendy Britomart
- Hidden laneways,art & sculptures
- Māori and settler history
- Auckland's Art Gallery and Town Hall
- Coffee/tea or cold drink at luxury hotel
- Catch the locals' bus uptown
- Serene parks & a secret volcano
- Theatre Precinct
- Advice on best eats & shops